Saturday, June 1, 2013

Welcome to my birthday project...


This is "26 (or limitless) Acts of Kindness!"

Dear beautiful souls: this year, on June 25, I turn 26 years old. And I am inspired to celebrate in a new way, thanks to my beautiful oldest sister, who did "40 Acts of Kindness" for her birthday.

the Idea:
Anyone and everyone is encouraged to join. To participate, perform any act of kindness and love, big or small. Preferably for a stranger; but it can be for loved ones, friends, and acquaintances too. It might be something you plan, or it might happen unexpectedly. But keep your eyes and ears and hearts open for opportunities.
They are EVERYWHERE.



You can pay for someone's order at a drive-thru, help someone in need on the side of the road, carry groceries for the elderly or a single mother, make conversation with someone who looks lonely at the coffeeshop, give a sandwich or blanket to the homeless, pay for a stranger's gas, give someone a flower, or simply wear your beautiful smile everywhere you go. Everything counts, large and small, near and far. Just be open, and seize the opportunities.

And once you've done at least one act, come and share it with the rest of us! Email me a description (with your first name and state or country) at we.are.one@inbox.com and then I will share it with everyone, word for word, right here on this site "We are one." From today, June 1 until my birthday June 25, we will work together to act in kindness everywhere we go. Join the effort, and share with friends! The more who join, the further we can spread our kindness with the world. And hopefully, by June 25, we will have at LEAST 26 acts of kindness. But the possibilities are infinite!

All I want for my birthday, and every day, is to spread love.
Please help me in doing just that. I could not ask for anything more. 

Peace and love to all of you beautiful beings.
Now let's shine our light and spread our love!

9 comments:

  1. I love you girly. I am going to make this viral for you xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparroweye, please join! The more the merrier and the lovelier. Let's spread the love. :)

    And Jen, I love you. ♥ Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie you continue to amaze me ! inspiration is an understatment ! I am doing everything I can to help you spread the love ! what a wonderful world this would be if even half the world had an out look & heart like yours ! God Bless you and thankyou for being YOU !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Anonymous, thank you so much for your kind and loving words. They are so encouraging and sweet. It is beautiful souls like all of you that light me up inside and guide me through this life. Peace and love to you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. We donated to our friends charity to raise money for a service dog as she has MS. And I reached up on a high shelf to get something at the grocery store for an elderly woman in a motorized cart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, the day of your rebirth in heaven, 5 members of your family had lunch together. Our act of kindness was to give an additional tip of $20 to our waiter, Ryan, at Outback. He was a teachers assistant who lost his job in the job cuts in our county. He is currently going to school to finish his education and get his teaching degree. In Rosie's honor he wants to finish school more than ever and become a full time teacher. Way to go Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The other family members at lunch today were Rosie's Granny, her Aunt Sue, Cousin Jennifer and 2nd Cousin Hayley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am norwegian who read about Rose two days ago, what a spirit. My thoughts go to you, her family. I want to share an act of kindness that happende 3 years ago, I hope it still works. An older nice dressed man at the tram stop looked at me, I said "Hi, nice weather today" three times, and no answer. He still looked at me, then I went closer, and smiled and said it again. Then he told me he was not hearing anything, I took up my pen and paper, and we wrote to eachother during the trip. Right before my stop he said (he could talk), "Thank you" I said "Nothing to say thanks for", he then said the words I will never forget " Thank you, you are the first person who has talked to me in 16 years".

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.