Sunday, June 23, 2013

Acts of Kindness #27

Name: Cousin Jimmy
Location: Florida

Because of the work I do, pest control, I need to drive a lot everyday, and i'm stuck at a lot of red lights. There are homeless people at every light and because I often stop for soda, water, etc...I usually have some change or stray dollars laying around so I would give a dollar or two every now and then. The last few months though, things were real tight for me, so I stopped and started saving the money for myself. After about a month, I had accumulated about $40.00. Not much, but could a least get me a tank of gas. One day though, there was a particularly downtrodden guy at a light. Thinking of Rosie, I put all 40 bills in an envelope and handed it to him. He was thankful, but also curious, and he looked inside. I could tell from the look in his eyes, that I did the right thing. It looked like he wanted to cry and give me a big hug, but the light changed. I may never see him again, but I'll always remember how grateful he was. And now I'll always remember Rosie.

Thank you for sharing, Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.