Saturday, June 8, 2013

26 Acts of Kindness: #11

Name: anonymous
State: California

"At the gas station there was a man inside when my husband went inside. He was holding up the line trying to use a gift card to buy his gas. The cashier kept telling him that it wouldn’t work, but he kept insisting that it had to work and asked them to keep trying. My husband came outside and got back in the car, and I saw him looking inside and around the pumps to a van that was parked at one of the pumps. I asked him what he was looking at or for, and he told me about the man inside. He described the man’s bracelet and how it read 'Daddy,' and he saw that the man’s family was waiting outside in the hot van as they tried over and over to get the gift card to work. My husband started to talk about how that could have been him, and that could be us waiting in that van. He pulled the car back around and went in to see if the man was still inside. Still unable to use his gift card, my husband put $25 next to him on the counter and quietly told him to take it and use it for whatever he needed. The man looked confused and took the money, and my husband quickly came out to the car to get out of the way for the next customer. We saw the man come running out of the gas station as we left. His smile was beaming, and he thanked us profusely as he walked back over to the van with his beautiful family inside. I could get used to this. There is no feeling like helping lift others up in whatever ways we can."

Thank you for sharing, you beautiful being!

1 comment:

  1. R.I.P. rose- heaven just got a little brighter. I'm sorry you didn't make it to 26. All the acts of kindness are beautiful stories & I can feel the love spread. Maybe readers can continues these acts in the comments♥ - blessed to read your words & story.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.