Friday, June 21, 2013

26 Acts of Kindness: #15

Name: Christine
Location: Massachusetts

"I don’t know so much if I would call it a random act of kindness as I would the right thing to do...As I was in the grocery store the other day, waiting in line in front of me was a family of 3 generations from India.  Grandmother, daughter and grandchild with golden brown eyes as full of wonder and sweet innocence.  They were carefully looking over their food items and counting with a strained look on their face; worrying if they would be able to put the necessary food on their table.  I know that look and feeling all too well.  As the cashier was ringing up their order, the Grandmother quickly grabbed the 2 loaves of bread and gave them back to the cashier, before she was through... I took one look at the little girl and it broke my heart to see the loaves of bread being handed over and not making it to the table where it needed to be.  As the cashier was ringing up my groceries; I gave her back some of what I was going to buy, paid for the 2 loaves of bread instead and handed them to the family, as they were still standing nearby checking their receipt.  The Grandmother was surprised and said no at first, but then a smile of relief and joy came over her.  Like I said, the right thing to do... I then bowed to her with folded hands; Namaste."

Thank you for sharing, Christine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.