Friday, June 7, 2013

26 Acts of Kindness: #8

Name: Jen
State: NY

This act of kindness is a bit different in that it happened to Jen, not the other way around. But it is just as beautiful and just as worthy of being shared. So thank you anonymous man, and thank you Jen for sharing his kind act with us:


"Today when I left for work, I realized at the station that somewhere along my walk to the train I had dropped my Metro Card. Tears in my eyes, four bags in hand, I fumbled through my belongings to no avail. Instead of being pushed to the side as the train approached the station, a man in coveralls handed me a Metro Card and motioned for me to swipe in. Thinking it was mine and he recovered it, I grinned and took the card, only to realize that he had just paid my fare. I thanked the man profusely and offered him cash, but he refused it and told me simply, 'Have a great day today, miss.'

"Train kindness, I hope, will become a part of my daily routine."


Thank you for sharing again, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.