Sunday, June 23, 2013

Acts of KIndness #34

Name: Sandi
Location:


This is something I have done for the past 4 years for a very good friend and mother.  Her son is 37 years young and has attended Camp Thunderbird in Apopka FL for the last 26 years.  This is a camp for people who have Down Syndrome.  This family moved away from Florida to Tennessee but this young man looks forward to attending camp every year.  I pick him up at the airport each year, 4-5 days before camp.  I take him to visit all of his local relatives and to his favorite restaurants.  Camp usually starts on Father’s Day (always a Sunday), so we take him to camp and make sure he is settled in.  Camp lasts for 10 days , so on Thursday, I go to camp to pick him up and attend the awards ceremony.  I take photos of him receiving all his awards and photos of him with his friends and counselors.  We then return to my house for 1-2 days, until I take him back to the airport to return home.

 Thank you for sharing, Sandi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.