Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

(Source: small handfuls, edited by RoseAlma)
Today I am thankful for home.
Home in many beautiful ways:
  • home as in out of the hospital and in my parents' house again. In my bed and around my three incredibly loving younger brothers.
  • home in my beautiful new downstairs bedroom that my family built for me while I was away. No more restless nights on the living room couch because I'm too weak to walk up the stairs to my room. And their love is infused in every stroke of pink paint, every carefully-hung decoration, every thoughtful placement of furniture.
  • home in my beautiful fiance who surprised me by appearing at the hospital, having come all the way from Florida. And who is now here in Tennessee to stay with me always.
  • home in the smiles and laughter of all my loved ones, including my nine siblings. Such rare and beautiful times make for memories that keep me strong when the storm clouds come. 
  • home in the love of my parents, without whom I would not make it through. They are my foundation, my protection, my strength, my heart. And all love in me springs from the love in them.
I am most grateful, today and everyday, for all these beautiful feelings of home.

Dear people, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.