Friday, November 11, 2011

Loveful, Thoughtful Friday

Hello beautiful souls. 

This Friday I share with you some words and a quote from a beautiful reader named Megan. She writes:
"The Avett Brothers has always been a very special band to me, and this song in particular carries meaning. It was the first song by them that I ever heard, and it's always summed up my feelings about love. Love doesn't have to be fancy. It doesn't have to mean expensive gifts, detailed dates, or every spare minute spent together. Sometimes it's as simple as a dance in a crowd of singing people, under the stars, on a chilly October night..."
'Well, life is ever-changing,  
but I can always find a constant 
and comfort in your love.
With your heart, my soul is bound 
and as we dance I know 
that heaven will be found.'
(Swept Away by The Avett Brothers)

Megan, you bring up a beautiful and significant perspective on love. In this case, we are speaking of romantic love. But I believe this mindset could translate into our love for anyone. Love should not be about prices, gifts, extravagant dates, or grand romantic gestures. With family and friends, it shouldn't be about expensive meals or holiday gifts or the favors you do. Love, genuine love, flows effortlessly. Instead of thinking of ourselves and wondering what our loved ones can do for us, let's turn it around. Think about what we can do for the ones we love. We should always try to show our love. And in it's purest, most genuine form. Act from the heart, and only from the heart. This practice will likely fill our lives with inexplicable warmth and beauty.

Thank you so much for writing in, Megan. Your sharing has added light, insight, and love to our community. More questions and comments ahead in the coming week. I encourage all you beautiful readers to join in the love and fun; send in your questions, comments, quotes, insights, and anything else

All is welcome, all is love. Send it here: we.are.one@inbox.com

Enjoy your weekend, sweet readers.
Take a step outside and smell the lovely air for me. 

Peace and love.
Rosie

1 comment:

  1. Rosie~
    I whole heartedly agree with Megan, and your, sentiments about love. Love cannot be bought, controlled, or forced...it should be the most natural feeling we experience. In its truest form, love is so beautiful and instinctual. I have many loves: my husband, my children, my family, nature, hobbies like cooking, photography and writing, helping people, laughing, and THIS BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.