Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

(Source: WilliamPowers, edited by RoseAlma)

Today I am thankful for a fair few beautiful things:
  • The colorful fall leaves that my mother sprinkled atop my hospital bed after returning from home. They came from our beautiful trees in the front yard, and she knows how I yearned to see them turn. They range in color, from burnt orange to lemony yellow to rich crimson red. So beautiful. 
  • The homemade pasta lunch delivered to me by surprise, from my oldest darling sister. She made me two versions to suite my veggie/vegan needs: one with cheese and one without. Her smiles, warmth, and love made it all that much richer.
  • The irresistible and endearingly drooly smile of my beautiful four-month-old niece. Her sweet little face melts my heart. One look in those eyes, and my worries are gone. So gentle and pure.
  • The softness and warmth of a new pink pashmina on a cold November day.
  • The ability and endurance to walk 1,100 steps in six minutes at a strong pace. I am beginning to feel like me again, and I'm cherishing that feeling for the moment.
  • The overflowing, overwhelming feeling of love that overcame me this evening. The world is turning, and we are all together in it. Love will always carry us on. 

What are you thankful for, my beautiful ones? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.