Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday

(Source: Vanderbilt, edited by RoseAlma)
I have so much to be grateful for today. I just returned home from a three-day visit to Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. I was there being evaluated for double-lung transplant. (I am already listed at the University of Alabama in Birmingham, but I am trying to be double-listed at Vanderbilt.)

I am so thankful for my beautiful parents and the infinite strength and love they give me in such times. I am thankful for my sweet fiance, who was able to get time off work and be by my side. I am thankful for all the incredible technicians, nurses, doctors, and staff at Vanderbilt, who treated me with gentleness, respect, and sincere kindness. I am thankful all the evaluation tests went smoothly and that, so far, things are looking good. I am thankful to have returned home, safe and sound, despite traffic and a snowstorm. And I am immensely thankful for the love that lives in my heart - before, during, and after this experience. It is fueled by my endlessly loving family, my incredibly supportive friends, and the infinitely beautiful strangers in the world around me. 

What are you grateful for, dear people? I have missed you all.

2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that I've had the chance to get to somewhat know such a kindhearted person as you through your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very kind, dear one.
    And I am grateful for you.
    Infinite peace and love.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.