Sunday, January 15, 2012

open, endless, flowing

"I have often dreamed that I was in a house, a house that I had once lived in, or the house that I was then living in, or a house I was about to move into, and in my dream I discover that there are more rooms in the house than I knew were there. It is quite marvelous to discover all these new rooms and quite incredible that I never realized they were there, when, of course, they were there all along. It gives me a sense of expanding possibility, as when hiking down a narrow ravine to a creek at the bottom, when the creek becomes an estuary which gets wider and wider until suddenly it opens out into the wide sea. There is great joy in arriving there. I have been there, and made a fire on the rocks. The sea roars, and under my feet the round red stones are wet... So it is in my dream -- the house opens up, generous and endless. These dreams are so real, that for a few moments after I wake, I can still believe them."
(Sherril Jaffe, professor and writer)

(Image Source: TripIdeas.org, edited by RoseAlma)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.