Friday, January 6, 2012

Loveful, Thoughtful Friday

Hello beautiful ones. 

This Friday we return to our "Loveful, Thoughtful" post. A beautiful reader wrote to me a while back asking for loving thoughts, and I want to express my apologies for delaying in my response. Time can get away from us. Nevertheless, I hope to offer some ounce of love to this beautiful soul.

They have identified themselves as "Big Nugget" and here is what they shared:
Dear Rosie, I have complications when it comes to my future. Currently I am in college and I do not know what I am going to do with my life. Everyone keeps on telling me that I will eventually know; the problem is that I have been hearing this since high school. I have no interest in science, math, theater. The only thing I think that I might like is English, but only because I like to read. I try to write, and at times I am successful, but other times because of school and work I don't have time and end up forgetting about writing for long periods of time. In class, I feel pressure because everyone around me seems to know way more than I do, and I am afraid I am going down the wrong path and I do not know what to do. I graduate soon, and I feel that I will not impress anyone at job interviews, including myself. I used to be an optimist, but as time continues on, as people yell at me at my current job and make me feel crappy about myself in school, I fear that I may turn into a pessimist. And I don't want that for myself. Like you I believe in love, happiness, and spreading kindness around the world. For without it, then there is no joy in living. Any suggestions about what I should do?
BN, you are a beautiful being and I appreciate you sharing your worries. Your concerns are most legitimate.
But there are also essential truths that you are allowing yourself to forget with the coming of these worries:

  • You should only do what you are most passionate about. Life is too short to waste it doing what others want of you, or what will make you wealthy or successful. If you haven't discovered what that passion is for you yet, do not be troubled. What you need is to explore further. Your passion is out there, waiting for you to find it. Try new experiences and it will increase your chances. Some of the greatest ways to explore inwardly and outwardly:
                    ♥ travel (if possible) 
                    ♥ volunteering (anywhere that interests you; animal shelters, schools, community farms)
                    ♥ hobbies (painting, singing, crafts, dancing; anything you might like to try, even once)
  • No one can take away your inner light but you. I understand our society and our world can be full of negativity and harshness at times. People around us can weigh us down, or rough circumstances can steal away our smiles. But ultimately, how we live through the darkness and respond to it is entirely up to us. Our sunshine can go on forever if we choose to let it. Once we acknowledge that life comes in waves (being both rewarding and challenging), and we resolve to love all, then nothing can steal away the light we have inside. Let your love shine, my beautiful one. No one can dampen that love without your consent.

My sincerest love goes out to you. Follow the light and love in your heart, always.

Infinite peace and love. 
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.