Friday, February 3, 2012

Love lives beyond death.

On Monday I learned some sad information... the lovely woman from my childhood that I mentioned in the post Every Moment Matters passed away this Sunday. Since December she was making progress in rehabilitation, and there was hope. But after complications with a bloodclot, she eventually became dependent on life support. Her loving family, having watched her pain for so long, made the difficult decision to end her suffering.

Though I shed tears for this beautiful woman gone from our world, and for her dear family that must begin a life without her, I also know - as we must all come to know - that she is never truly gone. Her love lives on through her memories shared and legacy created and friendship made. This woman's existence was a gift to the world, as is all existence. And her precious gift does not end with her passing. True love lives throughout all time.

Dearest L.A.K., you are love and you are loved.
In the meantime, while our hearts transition to this new phase of life (as they do for all of us when facing life after tragedy or darkness), we must allow our inner selves to heal. Tears are healthy and deserve their time. So let us all remember this thought, a loving insight exchanged between my sweet father and I after my first significant heartache: "Allow yourself to feel whatever you need to feel." 

And in the end, we will all come out stronger and more full of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.