Sunday, December 18, 2011

Every moment matters.

Today I learned that a lovely woman from my childhood, a family friend who worked in the front office at my elementary school, had an unfortunate accident a few months back. The accident itself was seemingly small, but recovering from it grew into more health issues. And unfortunately, she is now facing the possibility of life in a nursing home. A kind and loving woman in her fifties, who only a few months ago seemed in good health. All she wants is to return home, and her sweet husband can't bear to tell her that she might never go back.

Though my health condition is quite different, I have felt the longing in her heart. I have ached for home and felt the fear that I might never see it again. And so for her, I weep. For her husband, and her daughters. For all those who love her. I weep for all these beautiful souls.

But there is hope. This beautiful woman, even with this likely fate, can still find love and happiness in life if she keeps her heart open to it. Love is everywhere, even in the darkest places.

And we, the witnesses of this harrowing story, have much to learn from it. We must always cherish the moment, give love freely, hold our loved ones near, say I love you, and most of all... mean it.

Mean every moment. Because every single moment matters.

Much peace and love to you, my beautiful ones. 
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.