Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

As part of a new weekly tradition, I would like to welcome you to the start of...

"Thankful Thursdays."
(Source: AttractingWellness, edited by RoseAlma)

Gratitude is something that I think, as busy human beings, we sometimes forget to show. Not because we are ill-intentioned or even ungrateful; but because we are in a hurry, or too distracted, or too inwardly focused instead of outwardly observant. So in an effort to help us all slow down and refocus on the little things that deserve our appreciation, we will pause briefly every Thursday. I will share something in my life, whether large or small, that I am thankful for.

In return, I ask that all you beautiful readers out there share something that you are thankful for. :)

I think it will be a healthy practice that will do us wonders.

So... this Thursday I am thankful for two things:

The first - My youngest and adorable nephew Brandon. He is two-years-old, about to be three. And this morning he surprised me by knocking on my bedroom door and asking to play in my room. I lent him my "castle" (which is actually my last surviving Polly Pocket toy from childhood - the original, miniature Pollies, that is) to play with, as well as my green marti gras beads and matching green poker hat. And I just sat with him making ridiculous faces, all of which elicited the most adorable giggles you ever did hear. This darling face made my day, and I am so grateful for his sweet little soul.

The second - A very special individual who, sixth months ago today, changed my life forever. This person is the most beautiful soul I have ever known. And I am thankful, every day and every moment, for his love.

Beautiful readers, what are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my daughter's ability at 2 1/2 years old to say "hello" and "goodbye" to complete strangers whenever we are out in public. Her innocent open hearted self just engaging anyone she sees. Sometimes people respond and sometimes they don't. It doesn't stop her one bit when people don't respond because the ones that do always are wearing a surprised smile when they see her "hello world! It's nice to meet you" face. I am thankful that for at least now she has no fear of anyone in the world. I am so grateful to be able to watch her live without being afraid of rejection or judgement. If we all could only get back to that innocence and openness what would this world be like instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thing to be thankful for, E. Innocence and openness are two very significant qualities that I think we tend to ease away from as we grow older. But that is a great misstep. We need to learn to live everyday with that innerchild of ours. We can be responsible, respectable adults while embracing our childlike wonder and boldness and curiosity. It is a balance, like most everything in life. And if we can put in the effort to achieve that balance, I believe it will improve everything in the life we lead. Making it brighter, easier, and more full of love.

    Thank you immensely for sharing, E. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share comments, questions, insight, knowledge, and love. All is welcome here.